4.7.09

Calgary Stampede. Day 9?

At the end of the day yesterday, I was far too busy to even consider discussing the Stampede. In fact, I fell asleep the minute I got home and took the ol' boots off. These shit-kickers are going to be the death of me.

And so today, another day, another bag of mini-donuts. Well, actually - I had one yesterday. Just one. I can't even consider the thought of pounding back an entire bag of those little pieces of heaven.

Notes from the second day:
  • This park is huge. You can't tell a client "I'll be there in a minute!" because it will take 12.
  • Make sure you read the person's name tag before you a-line it for them, call them something different and introduce yourself.
  • My feet loathe being attached to my body. I'm up for a foot massage, any givers?
  • Pocket Dawgs are somethin' else, you know? Ever had one? I didn't think so... it's a baguette with a hole cut through the middle of it - a hole just big enough for a hot dog wiener. But before you shove the wiener in there, you put the condiments in first. For example, I get ketchup and mustard. Others might have onions, cheese and bacon. After the hole is filled with condimenty goodness you shove the wiener in there to - voila - make the almighty Pocket Dawg. That whole process sounds rather dirty, no?
  • Ice is the hottest commodity on the park.
  • The Breyers Ice Cream shoppe is back up and running in Weadickville. Not only will they serve you a whole heaping-full of ice cream for a low price, they also have amazing an Cookies n' Cream flavour. Yes, I am lactose-intolerant and yes, it is rather uncomfortable 7 minutes after consuming but it's worth every stomach-ache.
  • Today is day 2 bit it seems like day 8...
  • Looking for cheap-booze? Try the south end of the Range where they sell the Pretzels. Vex is only $6.50 whereas it's $7.75 on the tarmac...
  • Coca-Cola tastes better from a glass bottle.

Happy Stampeding.

This time last year: Calgary Stampede. Day 2. 9 Days to go and Stampede Log: Good morning my little Chicadees

No comments: