29.3.09

A new very exciting page has turned.

So I have moved out of the little apartment I took so much pride in for the past 11 months and have moved a little further from the core. I won't lie, I love it. It's quiet, there's farmland and mountains a block from the house. It's cozy and quaint and I've quickly added a touch of me to every room.

I began, unknowingly so, adding a touch of red to each room. A red kettle, red box full of DVD's, red bath mat, red 'important-document-do-not-lose' box, red Emile Henry mixing bowls, red placemats and red bed covers. It wasn't intentional by any means - it just kind of happened. And besides, red is probably a safer colour over pink, no?

It was weird once again packing up shop and closing the door - but it felt good. It was almost cathartic in a way, being able to throw some memories out. While I enjoyed the place I called home for almost a year, I knew this wasn't going to be permanent and I had a hard time considering it home. While I learned to be on my own at times it sucked and at times it was awesome. I still shudder at the time I walked naked from my bedroom to the bathroom with the hallway light on only to turn around and realize, shit, my neighbour is standing in the courtyard of the condo staring into my place. Yiah - I won't miss that...

This new chapter is hella exciting.

No comments: