9.7.08

The Peach Story.


One summer, many many years ago, my brothers and I were sent to Revelstoke to spend a solid week and a half with my beautiful Nanie (we don't call her Grandma... it's Nanie). Nanie is a fantastic cook/baker. Fantastic!

However, this one summer vacation, she decided her signature side dish was peaches. Peaches with everything. Peaches for breakfast, peaches for lunch, peaches for dinner, dessert and everything in between. Peaches on our cereal, with our sandwiches, for a snack mid afternoon, and on ice cream. Peach jam, peach juice, peach pie, peach ice cream and peach yogurt. It was as if Nanie had purchased stocks in peach orchards and had to do everything to support the peach growing biz.

We were so peached out by the end of our vacation that since that fateful holiday, my brothers and I have still not eaten a peach.

Tonite while I was at Safeway, I picked up a peach. I'm thinking that maybe I'll have a piece and see if I have found the taste for them again. They do look tasty.

1 comment:

Mike's Bloggity Blog said...

so you probably hate this song eh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19McuaPKjI8&feature=related