10.7.08

Calgary Stampede: Day 7... and counting...

I had one goal in mind today: find pancakes. D and I wandered all over the grounds looking for some tasty flapjacks and do you think we could find any? Heck no. I asked my dad to come over tonite to make me some pancakes and for whatever reason, he didn't think I was serious.

Dad. I'm serious.

Hella cold on the grounds today. In fact I actually considered wearing gloves and a toque.

Today's fun-isms:
  • When it rains, it pours. Literally.
  • I have absolutely no interest in trying "deep fried coke". Apparently though it's being touted as one of those things you just have to try and apparently it tastes like a really sweet mini-donut. Count me out.
  • D and I tracked down a "cowboy beef sundae" today. After scouring the grounds for literally days I turned my head outside the ticket office and was slapped with the sign advertising it. Well halle-fucking-lujah. $6.50 later, D and I shared the sundae like Betty and Veronica would, except, less hot. I mean, what's hot about mashed potatoes, niblets of beef, incredibly salty gravy (and I say it like that because really - I don't think it was...), shredded cheese and a cherry tomato on top. The idea was a good one but the execution, not so great. I was hoping it would be like poutine but what I got, was definitely not that. Le sigh.
  • New hotness? Dipped Frozen Bananas. Yes my friends - sounds delightful. If it wasn't for the fact it was a balmy 7 degrees outside today I would have had one but alas, tomorrow should be warmer - therefore - I'm in!
  • New hero? Beau Hill. Seriously - that name is fantastic. The name of a superstar bull-rider for sure. Anyways, king of the hill today as he rode Rumor Mill past the 8-second mark. Yes my friends - I'm turning into a serious rodeo-dork.
  • In the exhibition hall, (hall A to be exact) there is a fantastic little fresh cookie stand which serves hot and fresh cookies straight from the oven. Granted they are a little expensive (a bowl for $5 and bucket for $10) but holy hanna are they ever delish. I highly recommend this little cookie stand.

Best news of the day?

  • Took off the moleskin (which was making my feet look uber sexy by the way), and my feet were as good as gold today. While they're extremely tired - they don't hurt. This is a monumental day my friends. Rejoice! My feet are either getting used to being tortured in my Stetsons, or they are just numb.

Enjoy the next couple of days.

No comments: