7.4.09

And then there were 10 days.

During the last year of being at my previous employer, I signed up and took the Event Management certificate course, offered through Mount Royal College. It was great, I loved it. I learned a gazillion things.

And then... and then I went to put those practices to work and realized I couldn't use an ounce of the knowledge. That everything I'm doing in my current job is completely different than what the course taught me. So, which one is right?


And now I'm struggling to finish the final project of the program so I can have that goddamn piece of paper indicating that I'm officially an Event Planner, according to Mount Royal College.

So I've hit my wall. I have exactly 10 days to get this freakin-neverending-piece-of-crap project done and I simply have lost the will to do it. I'm averaging 600 words per page and I'm on page 17 and I HAVE NO END IN SIGHT. I didn't think I had this many words in me.

However, I do need to give a shout-out to my extraordinary manfriend who literally kicked my ass on Sunday, plunked me down at the table and said "DO IT!". If it wasn't for him I would probably be sitting on the couch reading my book or watching TV.

Sigh.

And yes, that pink drink does have booze in it. It's helping to cut the pain.

No comments: