23.7.08

Donation received.


As you may or may not know, I have the most adorable dog in the world. She's been with us for the past 12 years and has been the ultimate apple-of-my-eye. She's there first thing in the morning when I got up and there last thing at night before I went to bed. She gives fantastic hugs, gives high-fives and will eat your asparagus in a heartbeat. Now, that's my kind of girl.

A couple months ago we found out that she wasn't doing so hot. In fact, she's still not doing that hot. She was diagnosed with a tumor in her parathyroid and has a torn ligament in her knee. Although she's still happy and excited and extremely loving, you can see how the ailments are taking a toll on her body. I started a website, ourdogtanu.blogspot.com and told the story of Tanu. I added a little button offering puppy love in return for money and thought nothing more of it.

Tonite while checking my email before heading off for some beauty sleep, an email from PayPal came in:

Donation Received

Name: Brad (The sender of this payment is Verified)
Email: xxxxxxx@gmail.com
Payment Sent to: megan e pratt at gmail dot com
Total Amount: $30.00 CAD
Estimated Fee: -$1.17 CAD
Total: $28.83 CAD
Item Amount: $30.00 CAD
Purpose: Save Tanu
Date: Jul. 23, 2008

So, Brad from Lafayette, LA, thank you. I have no idea how you found my website or what possessed you to donate anything to help out Tanu, but from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Thank you a million times.

No comments: