4.6.08

There is a cat meowing outside my window. A cat. Meowing.

I had my first run in with some not too plussed neighbours tonite. They had a valid point, but hey, it wasn't my fault.

At the back of the apartment, there are 8 parking spots. 8 parking spots for 16 units in this building. I was told when I moved in that if I was interested, for an additional $25 per month, I can take one of those parking spots. "Ok," I said, "Sign me up". We don't get passes for our windows or specifically designated spots; it's run on the honour system.

Tonite, as I pulled into the last available spot and got out, a car with 2 people gave me the dirty eye. I opened the door into the building and the guy in the car yells at me "are you allowed to park here?" and I reply "yes, I was given it on Sunday" and he says "Well I've been here for longer than you and my spot keeps getting taken!". Ok well what do you want me to do? Because I'm paying for a spot as well.

Clearly the 8 spots need to be labelled or something. But hell if I was going to give up my spot. I just smiled and walked up to my unit thinking about how cool my red kettle is.

In other news:
  • My unit is hella warm. I slept with the fan on last night because it was so warm. Today, however, it's cooled down. Either the plumber came in and fixed my broken valve or... or I just got lucky.

  • My couch arrives on Friday. I'm really excited about this addition to the place. Now I just need to unpack my clothing and hang some pictures and I'm good to go.
  • I killed my first bug yesterday. It was slightly disturbing but hey - get out of my apartment. I'm paying rent. Not you.

  • My coffee machine broke. This is especially disturbing. My daily quad venti sugar free vanilla lactaid light foam caramel macciato is a daily staple of mine. I'm actually on edge as to what I'm going to do.

  • Peter Mansbridge is coming to the Roundup Centre next week. When I was told about it today I was so excited that I acted like a giddy school girl and then once I realized how retarded my excitement was, I started laughing and laughed to the point that I started crying. Ok so I might have a slight infatuation with him. Whatever. Don't judge.
  • I finally made my cork thing last night. In fact, I made 2.

No comments: