3.4.08

I love tv... -or - How desperately I need a new hobby.

I'm loving reality TV as of late. It's unfortunate really but really, who doesn't enjoy a little scripted reality show at the end of a 9-5 day?

Anyways, one of my favourites (besides The Hills) is Rock of Love with Bret Michaels. I was pretty disheartened to find out that the season which is on right now is actually the first season which means this sleaze bag has had more than one round of this. Regardless, I'm addicted. These girls are hos. Although, I'm mildly attracted to Jes. She's hot.

Apparently, (spoiler alert if you actually watch this show) she's the winner... but they don't actually do anything past the show (as she's way too good for him) which is the reason he has season 2. Next.

America's Most Smartest Model. Enough said... or is it. This show is retarded. I need not say anything more.

The Bachelor: London Calling, is what reminds all women of how not to act. Seriously ladies - who sings opera to impress a man? Ok, maybe I haven't tried it myself yet but judging by the look on the British Bachelor (and by the rose ceremony which resulted in her going bye-bye) he was nonplussed too. And then there was Shaye. She is the daughter of Lorenzo Lamas (and apparently we should all know who Lorenzo Lamas is. Ok - I'm only 25. I didn't watch Renegade.

Anyways, she had the funniest line last show. Her answer made my time watching reality tv well spent (when I could have spent it doing things like - reading Nanocasm). In response to the question what makes her high-maintenance, the air-bronzed 22-year-old listed the five things she believed mattered most when it came to her appearance: cars, shoes, (ohmigod) handbags, sunglasses, and watches. "With those things covered, no one cares what you're wearing on your body." It's so comforting to know that with girls like that, our future is safe.

And people make fun of brunettes. I should probably watch something on Discovery or something to try and seem smarter. Or heck, turn off the TV.

No comments: