4.5.09

Om.

Tonite was my third yoga practice and dare I say, my best.

I think I am finally getting these poses which is really exciting. For the past couple of sessions, I've felt really gangly and weird. Tonite however, I managed to center my breathing, do the downward dog and the second warrior pose with no problem. And? I broke a sweat.

Practice tonite left me motivated to do something like - something. I couldn't quite nail what it was that my mind obviously decided I needed to do. I think it helped that my instructor played some fantastic sounds tonite. Example:

Bon Iver - Blindsided
Dave Matthews Band - Stay or Leave
Fishbunny - Crash & Burn
Damien Rice - Eskimo
Aisha Duo - Despertar
The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build a Home
Alvik - Wonder

Regardless, tonite made me want to take up yoga in some quiet part of the world where all I could do is sit in the seated position, find heart centre and just breathe. Just be.

No comments: