6.4.09

So I get this phone call...


I received a call from TD Canada Loss Prevention today. I was away from my phone so this automated voice left a message for me indicating that "Ms Megan Elisabeth Pratt must call 1-866-can't-remember immediately". So, I call and get this pleasant guy by the name of Matt.

Me: Matt, I have received a voicemail from you indicating I needed to urgently call you.
Matt: May I have your name.
Me: Blah blah blah
Matt: Your address.
Me: Blah blah blah
Matt: Your debit card number
Me: Blah blah blah blah
Matt: May I have your mothers maiden name, shoe size and eye colour.
Me: Blah?
Matt: Ms. Pratt it appears your debit card has been copied by way of a debit card machine at an establishment you recently purchased items from. In fact, this establishment is in the process of being investigated for card fraud.
Me: Jigga wha?
Matt: It also appears that your card has been used in Quebec. TD Canada Trust was able to stop track this transaction and stopped it right away. Your funds were not touched.
Me: Uh... did this take place at the Chinese food restaurant on Friday?
Matt: I am unable to verify that as the establishment is under investigation.
Me: So that's a yes...
Matt: Ahem... it would fit within the time-frame of when your card was copied, yes.
Me: That fucking dive of a Chinese food restaurant gave me the runs and copied my debit card??
Matt: Ma'am, your card has been cancelled and I would suggest going to your local branch and getting a new card along with a new pin number.
Me: Uh huh...
Matt: Is there anything else we can do for you today?
Me: Uh... nadda?

So long story short, DON'T DINE at the Signature Palace Restaurant in Signal Hill. Super dodgy. And really I don't know what's worse... the owners who are screwing around with people's debit / credit cards or the fact that I was sickeningly sick all night pleading for death after eating the sweet & sour pork.

No comments: