17.3.09

Oh you know, just having lunch with George W. Bush.

When I found out O got a ticket for the Conversation with George W. Bush, I'll admit; jealously took over me. Sure, Bush isn't exactly the ideal person to want to spend your lunch time with but at the same time - why not?

And then I got lucky. O ended up finding an extra ticket to the sold out event at the Telus Convention Centre. Hoo-rah! And who did he take? His favourite person ever.


We had to arrive at 11 a.m. in order to get through the security check in time. Well - let's think about this: 1500 people, a full bag check, full body pat down and in only an hour. Rrrrrriiiiggggghhhhtttt. Not to mention the throngs of protesters who you had to walk through before you entered the building.

Lunch was supposed to start at 12... it started at 1:3o.


I was impressed with the guy... which is hard to admit. He was pretty funny - extremely self-depreciating. He knows he isn't the most loved guy in the world. He knows that what he decided to do was extremely controversial. He had a couple zingers.

I was glad I saw him - yes Mike, yes I was.

1 comment:

Mike's Bloggity Blog said...

It's PR 101, the world hates you, you obviously are going to be self-deprecating. It's your only leg to stand on.