31.1.09

Today?

Today, not so awesome.
  1. Went on a quick shopping adventure to TD Square. As the Bankers Hall parking is the only parking I'm quasi-familiar with, I park underground there. As I'm ready to get back in my car with my bags in tow, I go to the pay machine, put in my $2, collect my ticket and head to the elevator. I get into the car and pull out as someone is eagerly wanting my spot. Suddenly I realize, I don't have my parking ticket. Wtf. I pull over and dig through all the bags, my purse, my pockets and seats. I do this 8 or 9 times. I realize, this fucking sucks. So I head to the exit in hopes that the ticket collector thingie will have a help button that I can plead my case to. Well, no such luck. In my frustration, I can't find it. I put the car into reverse and back into the 'monthly parkers only' section and find a spot. I head back into the lobby where I see a sign on the door saying 'no access without a card'. Awesome. So I hop into the elevator, find the information booth and she instructs me to go to the ticket machine and push the help button. I do as she says. The muffled voice on the other end asks me a million questions and says to push the help button as I get to the gate in the parking lot and he'll let me out. Well if I had known there was a help button I would have done that in the first place. For fucks sakes. I then have to find a security guard who will take me through the 'no access without a card' door and back to my car. He waves, probably thinking - she's stupid - and I get in my car and head to the exit. I see the almighty help button and the guy lets me out. Stupid goddamn parking lot. That whole adventure (including circling the parking lot umpteen dozen times and driving in reverse for at least that many more times) stole 45 minutes of my day.

  2. I head to Safeway to pick up a schwack of groceries for the quasi-Superbowl party tomorrow. I decide I only need a basket - I'm only getting a couple things. Well, after only shopping 2 aisles, the basket weighs more than a small child. After thinking, I should probably get a cart, I hear a 'snap' and the basket breaks. That's right. 9 sausages, 9 hot dog buns, 4 2-litre bottles of pop and 2 bags of mini-peeled carrots snapped the basket. Awesome. Heaven forbid anyone around me who sees this offer some sort of assistance. Nope. I am left to my own devices and have to leave everything in aisle 11 as I desperately look for a cart. Nice. Real nice.

  3. I then head to the Superstore liquor store to pick up some booze for this said quasi-Superbowl party. It's all good - couple of this, couple of that. I finally get home and park beside the front door so I can unload the car instead of making multiple trips from the parking lot. As I get out of the car, I biff it and fall in a rather ungraceful manner on my ass. Awesome.

  4. I bring everything inside, up 2 flights of stairs and put everything on the floor. Just as I pick up the box of Keith's, the handle snaps and there are 12 bottles that come crashing to the floor - exploding the minute they touch. I can handle 1 bottle - not 12. Not only was there beer everywhere, there were little shards of glass and a very eager puppy. Not a good combo.

Fingers are crossed the rest of the weekend goes ok. Today, just not my day.

1 comment:

Mike's Bloggity Blog said...

yes, the parking lot is the stupid one. the parking lot.