29.11.08

Subwoofer = Love

Orest had an extra tv receiver and graciously set it up in my apartment today. (Let's take a second to remember that my apartment is the size of a regular person's closet and I have 16 neighbours within earshot.) It took a solid 2 hours to assemble but this 5-speaker-surround-sound-mega-subwoofer-5-disc receiver looks fantastic in its cosy little enclave in the tv stand.

It's been forever since I've listened to a cd. I have an iPod - what could I possibly need cds for anymore? Well. Thank God I didn't do anything rash like throw out my hundreds upon hundreds of cds I've collected over the years. Tonite I pulled out 2 boxes of cds which I've had collecting dust in my closet and cracked it open. The sweet music I have found tonite has made me a little weak at the knees.

Back in the day I wrote for a little website called Fresh Tracks Music. In fact, I interviewed The Fray back when they hadn't yet made the big scene. Anyways, I have come across all these cds was sent, gifted (by my good friend Aaron), purchased and collected. I have been going through these boxes disc by disc tonite and man have I found some goodies: The Low Life, The Decemberists, Louis XIV, The Shins, and other cds (which I am sure some of you would laugh at me owning).

I fear for my neighbours now who have to live while I relive my music.

No comments: