21.8.08

I'm an artist. Yah, that's right.

The other night while I laid in bed, thinking, I came up with some pretty crazy thoughts. The only thought that I will share with you though is the G rated thought.

I suddenly had this crazy urge to create beautiful pieces of abstract art to place above my bed. See, I have nothing on the walls in my bedroom and it's a little sad. I thought that I could just buy some canvases and some paints and voila - art.

Well. Easier said than done.

I headed to Michaels and scoured the painting aisles trying to figure out what I'd need in order to create such masterpieces. While originally thinking I'd buy some canvases and paints, I shortly realized that wasn't going to happen just yet. I needed to start somewhere. Besides, Rome wasn't built in a day.

I purchased a sketch book, a box of the 8 essential Crayola Crayons (that's right, when was the last time you used crayons?), a box of sketching pencils, a pack of 20 oil pastels and a 9' x 12' canvas. I was set.

Introducing my very first piece:



I might stick with the crayolas for a while. My first piece isn't exactly the Mona Lisa.

No comments: