23.8.08

Sole - comfort.

If you know me, you know just how much these $17 flip flops mean to me. Mom gives me a hard time about them. Dad rolls his eyes. Tanu has been known to walk away from them. In reality though? They are the best shoes I own.


These flip flops however are neither eclectic or elegant. They are old and busted, worn and tired. I have had to smear shoe-goo all over the soles of both shoes as I had gone through them. At one point I inquired into having Birkenstock soles put on these little things as I couldn't imagine not wearing them one summer.

There is something about them that I can't let go of. I'm not sure if it's the way they conform to my feet, the story behind purchasing them or the fact that if I throw them out, a large part of my life which happened while wearing these damn things would be thrown out with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.