10.6.08

Bedtime story.

Setting the scene: I'm laying in bed, snug as a bug in a rug. I'm dreaming of my early morning breakfast onsite with Peter Mansbridge and I am quickly falling into that wonderfully happy spot right before you fall into the deep sleep. Then...

... I suddenly hear a knock at the door and a man saying "hellloooo??". I thought that was it; my place was going to be ransacked, they were going to slash the cushions on my new couch, they'd take my fish and I'd be left scared and alone.

Naturally, I stayed in bed. It was 11:30 and I was in bed in my night time wear. After a little bit, they stopped knocking and I fell asleep.

This morning when I was getting ready to leave for work I couldn't find my keys. I checked under all the cushions, in the pockets of my pants and jackets and in the infinite abyss in my purse but alas, no keys. Then, I had a moment of 'aha' and opened the front door only to find my keys sticking out of my lock.

Lesson learned: my neighbours are good people. They don't actually want to slash my cushions.

No comments: