12.1.08

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

I had offered to cook up dinner for my parents on Sunday night and have been slightly nervous in preparing to do so. You know, I'm not much of a cook so the fact that I was about to take this on kind of was a huge thing. So, today I went to the Farmers Market and stocked up on veggies and organic free range beef; I was determined to make lasagna (as per request from a certain someone).

After shopping the organic markets, I finally got everything I needed (and more I think...) and made my way home to begin the cooking. After an hour (and another quick trip to get mozzarella) it came out looking deeee-lightful.

For dessert I decided I was ambitious enough to create a flourless chocolate torte. Easy peasy... until the oven starts smelling like burnt chocolate instead of awesome chocolate.

It came out like this.


Fucking drier than a nun. Needless to say, I'll be buying something store-bought tomorrow for the dessert.

No comments: