9.11.07

Just a moment.

After spending 4 years at a job that never really challenged me, I moved into a career which has blown my mind. Full out mind-blowing.

Every morning before pushing the 3-digit code on the sales office doors, I take a huge breath in and only exhale when I enter the office. No one at the office knows, but I think I'm actually over my head. It's not that I don't have the confidence to do it, the drive or the ability - it's that... I don't even know. I look at a file, talk to the client go - how the heck do I do that?

While trying to prove to the girls that I know what I'm doing, inside, I'm freaking out. And then on top of work, I was busting my ass to get the event management certificate done (which by the way - didn't actually teach me what I actually needed to know when planning real events - go figure), trying to get my financial life back on track and deal with an incredible bout of "where the f did all my friends go". All that put together and what do you get? Megan crying when her bag of Old Dutch Ripple Chips goes missing. Not just crying, but full out sobbing. Tears were streaming down my face, mascara staining my cheeks. It was ridiculous.

On the bright side, school is done - kinda... the final project isn't offered until April so I have some time to decompress before that happens. I am in love with a fantastic man who I'm incredibly proud to be with, my birthday is tomorrow and Christmas is over in a month and a bit. After that? Who knows.

No comments: